The lovely Kayleigh from I Dream of Coco nominated me for the Liebster Award recently and after taking a look at her answers and questions, I knew I had to have a go so without further adieu:
1. Link back to the person that nominated you for the award
2. You must write 11 facts about yourself so people can learn more about you.
3. You also have to answer the 11 questions given by the nominator
4. After completing this, you should nominate 11 other bloggers that have under 200 followers and then give them 11 questions of your choice. However, you cannot nominate your nominator
5. You have to let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated and give them access to the link to find out more about the award.
- My name means ‘from Switzerland’ but I was actually born in Northern Ireland and as of yet, I haven’t been to Switzerland.
- I’m 6ft and a bit but I try to ignore the bit. Finding respectable hemlines is a mare as a result.
- I spent my childhood doing athletics, tennis, netball, swimming, gymnastics, ballet, tap, modern and jazz. There was also a brief foray into hip hop that NOBODY wants to remember with any clarity.
- I once walked straight past Jimmy Carr on my birthday, oblivious both to the imminent celebrity and my family’s shouts of surprise.
- Try as I might, I still can’t play any musical instruments.
- …or speak any other languages, beyond a few basic phrases.
- I used to read the dictionary for fun.
- Even though I’m a natural blonde, I used to get 2 or 3 black strands in the front of my hair all of the time when I was younger.
- I almost went to Leeds University, mainly because I could do a module on Arthurian Literature.
- Because really, I’m still as obsessed with myths and legends as I was when I was a bairn.
- I can’t stand camping but my parents regularly up and leave for the weekend in their bright yellow van. I’m guessing the outdoorsy gene got lost somewhere.
1 What made you start blogging in the first place?
I was headed to the States for the summer and wanted a way to stay in touch with everyone back home. Once I had started, I coudn’t stop!
2 If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be?
The Queen. I want to know the secrets of the palace.
3 Who is your favourite fashion designer?
I think I’ll always have a soft spot for Coco Chanel and even did a project on her for my DofE if I remember correctly.
4 If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Right now, I really want to head to Florida to see family and some sun but my best friend’s backpacking trip is making me crave some new European cities.
5 If you could change anything about your blog, what would you change?
Ha! That it worked exactly how I wanted very simply? I’m trying to sort out some technical bits and pieces right now but it is not going well at all.
6 What would be your perfect blog event?
Tea, cake, books, dresses and lots of chatting away!
7 If you had to live without lipstick or mascara, which would you choose?
Lipstick probably as I tend to always to my eye make up even if I don’t do anything else. I would miss a red lip terribly though…
8 What is your favourite hobby besides blogging?
Definitely reading. Although you could probably tell that by the amount of reviews and literary references that make their way into my posts!
9 If you could’ve written any song, which would you choose?
I have no idea! I do wish I could have written The Phantom of the Opera though so maybe Past the Point of no Return?
10 If you had to live on a desert island, what 3 things couldn’t you live without?
My laptop (and charger), an impressive selection of tea and coffee and a good book!
11 Apart from your own, whose blog is your favourite to read?
I love the Londoner but have also recently unearthed a treasure chest of local bloggers that I am loving.
- The reader who just fancies giving it a go.
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What was the last book that you read?
- If you could only use one form of social media, what would it be?
- Snail mail or dog and bone?
- What’s your perfect day?
- Morning person or night owl?
- What is your favourite thing to cook or bake?
- What is the weirdest thing that you have ever eaten?
- Who is your partner in crime?
- What is your favourite blogger trope?
- What makes you smile?
Let me know how you get on in the comments!